New England Conservatory’s Liberal Arts Student Journal
Call for Submissions
Hear Here!, the Liberal Arts Student Journal, seeks thought-provoking, intellectually and artistically stimulating submissions for its next issue. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a scholarly and professional artistic community and present your work to a wider audience. We encourage you to submit the following:
- Academic essays from Liberal Arts, Music History, and Music Theory classes
- Creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry from Liberal Arts classes
- Visual artwork (explanatory artist’s statement or reflection encouraged)
- Extracurricular work grounded in Liberal Arts disciplines
First round of submissions due Friday, May 24, 2013 (submit your spring semester work). Look for announcements for additional deadlines in September and December. Submit work as .doc or .docx attachment to <jill.gatlin [at] necmusic.edu>. Submit visual art in hard copy to Jill Gatlin’s office, St. Botolph 213 (box on door). Include a cover sheet with the following information for all submissions:
- Student name, email address, and phone number.
- Course and instructor for which work was produced, if applicable; or, explanation of why and how the work was produced if it was not for a class.
If you would like to participate as an editor, please contact Jill Gatlin.